Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mendel is right in saying the past changes with the present. Your memory is relevant and you are the one who remembers past event and experiences. Teh way I feel today about something that happened years ago might change. I could be an entirely different person than I had been just years ago. When you think about a past event the emotions you feel are in the present. You may recall what you felt at the exact time of the occurrence but, looking back into your past affects your current emotions. That old memory may bring up entirely new feelings that you couldn't comprehend when it took place. Your feelings and thoughts are very important parts of memories. A happy memory of my grandparents might become a sore subject for me after they pass away. Events you once thought were life changing may start to seem insignificant, bland, and uninteresting. I remember being a kid and buying a $5 pack of Pokemon cards and being so excited seeing a holographic card seemingly dropped in my pack by and act of god. Now looking back I should have saved that $5 for a pack of smokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment